TEA is a powerful and easy-to-use Qt4-based editor with many useful features for HTML, Docbook, and LaTeX editing. It features a small footprint, a tabbed layout engine, support for multiple encodings, code snippets, templates, customizable hotkeys, an “open at cursor” function for HTML files and images, miscellaneous HTML tools, preview in external browser, string manipulation functions, Morse-code tools, bookmarks, syntax highlighting, and more.
- Coloured output in HTML, XHTML, RTF, TeX, LaTeX, SVG, BBCode and XML format
- Supports 160 programming languages
- Includes 80 colour themes
- Recognizes nested languages
- Language definitions and themes are Lua scripts
- Plug-In interface to tweak syntax parsing and coloring
- CLI, GUI and Lib builds available
- Platform independent
LyX is an advanced open source document processor for Unix. LyX encourages an approach to writing based on the structure of your documents, not their appearance, allowing you to concentrate on writing, rather than visual layout. LyX automates formatting according to predefined rule sets, yielding consistency throughout even the most complex documents.